The World is full of nice people.
If you can’t find one, be one!
Chuu le aasmaan,
Zamin ki tu talash naa kar
Mazaa le le zindagi kaa ,
Khusiyon ki tu talash naa kar
Gamoh se door hokar,
Teri takdeer bhi badal jaayegi
Muskurana sikh le,
Uski wajay ki talash naa kar…
Mother Teresa (DOB-DOD: 1910-1997)
- Nobel Prize for Peace in Year: 1979
- Field or Subject:Peace
- Mother Teresa was awarded Nobel Peace Prize because she dedicated her life to the sick and hungry people. Her simple message was “the poor must know that we love them.”
- More than 2 million sick people were treated by mobile dispensaries and clinics by her.
- At the age of eighteen she left her parental home in Skopje and joined the Sisters of Loreto, an Irish community of nuns with missions in India.
Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman (DOB-DOD: 1888-1970)
- Nobel Prize for physics in Year: 1930
- Field or Subject: Science
- He was the first Asian scientist to win the Nobel Prize.
- He made massive contributions to vibration, sound, musical instruments, ultrasonic, diffraction, photo electricity, colloidal particles, X-ray diffraction, magnetron, dielectrics and the Raman Effect for which he was able to draw Noble Prize in 1930.
- He worked on the scattering of light.
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
— Maria Robinson